May of Caring Virtual Event
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us for a series of workshops about caring for our community through health, education, financial stability, and equity.
Caring for our community happens in many forms, from volunteering at local nonprofits to leading advocacy efforts addressing community-wide issues. Join United Way of Franklin County in this virtual event as we explore a variety of topics that will help us better care for our community.
9-10AM - Welcome & Keynote - The Advantages of Diverse & Inclusive Communities, Lawrence Bowdish, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
Bowdish is Senior Director, Research and Issue Networks with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s. He conducts long-term research projects concentrating on issues prominent in corporate social responsibility, working directly with companies and nonprofits to leverage qualitative and quantitative tools to have meaningful impact and broad appeal.
10AM-2PM: Breakout Sessions (on-your-own lunch break from 12-1PM)
Workshop topics include:
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: More than Just Good Business
- Childhood in the Time of COVID
- Using Your Spending Power to Support Diversity & Equity
- Mental Health 1 Year into COVID
- Disparities in Access to Education
- ALICE in Franklin County
- and more!
2-2:30PM: Special Video Presentation & Closing
“Caring for Community: Nonprofits and YOU” video created by Phillip Whitley and Preston Cook, MrPhab Photos
WHO is this virtual event for?
- Local employees and business leaders from any industry
- Nonprofit professionals, board members, volunteers, and donors
- Community partners and stakeholders
- Government employees and political leaders
- Any and all community-minded citizens!
SPONSOR: If your business is interested in sponsoring, please download the May of Caring Sponsorship Form.
Special Thanks to Our May of Caring Sponsors:
Presenting Sponsor: OneSkin Dermatology
Franklin County Coalition for Progress
Luminest Community Development
Kim Crider - Community Volunteer
LCSi - Lehman Construction Services Inc.
Penn State Mont Alto
Strickler Agency Inc.